What if… people could work anywhere in the world without leaving their neighborhood.
More than 100 million employees worldwide are going through a fundamental shift in how, when and where they work. If properly managed this work shift could trigger combined savings of roughly $1 trillion annually for employees, employers, and government agencies responsible for transportation, environment, and health. It would also lower short and long-term disability claims, reduce employee absenteeism and other related medical costs, lower capital expenditures and real estate costs, and cut 100-300 million tons of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
Employees would save:
- $2,000 – $10,000 in after tax dollars / year
- 100 – 200 Gallons of fuel / year
- Up to 160 hours of commuting time / year
- 1.5 to 5 metric tonnes of CO2 / year (equates to 7.5%-25% of an individual’s annual carbon footprint
Organizations would benefit too:
- Up to $10,000 real estate and other cost savings / employee / year
- 42% of Canadian employees could be lured away by having the more flexible work options
- Up to 60% reduction in building footprint by moving to a “free address” model for necessary work-spaces
Communities would also benefit:
- $1,500 – $7,500 in positive economic impact / worker year
- $43 Billion saved at the fuel pump every year due to decreased consumption
- 3,000 kg CO2 per worker per year
- 44% reduction of non-commute related business travel with increased utilization of telecommunications and videoconferencing technology
- Stronger social fabric and significantly better economic performance
WorkFit by Better Workplace can help your organization realize millions in operational savings, improve employee effectiveness, and enhance environmental efficiency – directly impacting employers, employees, and the communities where they live and work.