What if… people could work anywhere in the world without leaving their neighborhood.
More than 100 million employees worldwide are going through a fundamental shift in how, when and where they work. If properly managed, this shift to a hybrid or remote workplace could trigger combined savings of roughly $1 trillion annually for employees, employers, and government agencies responsible for transportation, environment, and health. It would also lower short- and long-term disability claims, reduce employee absenteeism and other related medical costs. Organizations will also be positioned to lower capital expenditures and real estate costs, and cut 100-300 million tons of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
Employees would save:
- $2,000 – $10,000 in after tax dollars / year
- 100 – 200 Gallons of fuel / year
- Up to 160 hours of commuting time / year
- 1.5 to 5 metric tonnes of CO2 / year (equates to 7.5%-25% of an individual’s annual carbon footprint
Employers would benefit too:
- Up to $10,000 real estate and other cost savings / employee / year
- 40% of Canadian employees would change jobs for more flexible work options
- Up to 60% reduction in building footprint by moving to a “free address” model for necessary work-spaces
Communities would also benefit:
- $1,500 – $7,500 in positive economic impact / worker year
- $43 Billion saved at the fuel pump every year due to decreased consumption
- 3,000 kg CO2 per worker per year
- 44% reduction of non-commute related business travel with increased utilization of collaboration technology
- Stronger social fabric and significantly better economic performance
WorkFit can help your organization predict and measure operational savings, improve employee effectiveness, and enhance environmental efficiency. Your organization will also directly impact employees, employers and the communities where they live and work.